Virtual Collaborate LEARN session on Engaging Local Cultures, presented on 11 August, 2020. This is a discussion of how faith-based networks serving vulnerable children and families may engage local cultures and embrace local cultural leaders.
- HRH JOHN CHRISOSTOM WAYABIRE
- King, Royal Bugwere Kingdom, Eastern Uganda
- PASTOR DANIEL KAGGWA
- National Director, Alliance for Uganda Without Orphans
- WENDI PARK
- Executive Director, Forever Families of Canada
- Helping launch CarePortal throughout Canada
- JIM THUNDER
- Oji-Cree MBA graduate from Sachigo Lake First Nation in Treaty 9 territory in North Western Ontario
- Adjunct Professor at Horizon College and Seminary teaching on topics such as the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, the Treaties, the work of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada and what these things mean to future leaders in the Church.
- Co-Founder of the non-profit “Reconciliation Thunder” which will use video and social media as tools to teach Canadians the basics of reconciliation
- Strategic Advisory Committee of “Circles for Reconciliation,” a non-profit that organizes Indigenous and Non-Indigenous peoples into ten-week discussion groups on themes related to reconciliation
Download Presentation Slides Here