More Than Enough What? Part 1

More Than Enough Essentials Cohort 2 (Friday 12:30pm EST) More Than Enough What? Part 1

Mostrando 8 respuestas a los debates
  • Autor
    Entradas
      amanda@cafo.org
      CAFO Staff

Do you believe that more than enough foster, kinship, adoptive families and help for biological families is possible in the county where you live.  Why or why not?

Cindy Larsen
      Participante

The answer is no to absolutely not. I think people are afraid to do foster care and hope someone else will. It’s messy and disruptive of our predictable lives we work so hard to be in control of.

Patricia Biondo
      Participante

I know it is! I have to believe that the church will step up and see the issue and desire to «fix» this problem of not enough. I agree with Cindy, people are afraid but, I think if we can break it down and be very specific some will step up even if it is to put $ towards it. In my area, Stamford, CT. right next to Greenwich, one of the most affluent areas in the country, people like to give $ but won’t even consider opening their mansions to a foster child. Why should they, they already have nannies and housekeepers. What they found in this area is that the more educated the women are, the less likely they will be to foster. 🙁

amanda@cafo.org
        CAFO Staff

I read an interesting article about this. The article was focused in NYC and was talking about the different socio-economic status’ and their corresponding likelihood to participate in foster care. Just like Sharen was talking about on the call this past week, some groups have really studied what their current foster parents look like and targeted families that are similar. I think this could be a very smart use of resources towards families you ‘know’ are more likely to help, but it also makes me nervous to zone in on a certain group- the range of foster parents I know is wide and diverse and I think that is best! I don’t want to limit who I think could be a good foster parent! Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

Janeen Cox
      Participante

I live in Ellis co. in Ks. We are launching the ministry in Ellis and Barton Co. in Ks. In Barton county, most definitely. There is movement already in motion, just waiting for direction. In Ellis county I am much more skeptical. I have worked as recruiter for an agency in this area for years and Ellis county has always been a struggle. Churches in Ellis county seem to demonstrate a much less sacrificial life style than the ones I see in Barton county.  I believe we will have an uphill road in Ellis county.

amanda@cafo.org
        CAFO Staff

Hey Janeen! I love that you are Jared are working together so he can be an encouragement as you start this, maybe upstream, journey. Will be praying for you to find and connect with those folks who ARE ready, but are maybe just under the surface!

amanda@cafo.org
        CAFO Staff

Hey Janeen! I love that you are Jared are working together so he can be an encouragement as you start this, maybe upstream, journey. Will be praying for you to find and connect with those folks who ARE ready, but are maybe just under the surface!

Allen Kakooza
      Participante

«Resistance is often lack of clarity» That statement helped me understand why I get so many no’s.  Yes it is possible if we can communicate to our audience in the language they understand.

Nancy Cliburn
      Participante

To «Resistance is often lack of clarity», absolutely!  All of this Foster Care information is new to me.  After moving back to Mississippi for our retirement with our own children grown.  God pricked my heart for the orphan care ministry.  My husband & I got involved in 100 Million Flowers which no longer exists. I have been looking at my church & other churches to get involved in the Foster Care movement with no clear, hands on way, to participate other than becoming a Foster Parent which was a long drawn out 8 to 12 week, all day Saturday program even for respite care provider.  The state of Mississippi does have a church initiative.  There is also the Heart Gallery (photos of adoptable children in MS foster care) shown at churches & other places.  And Rescue 100 started by a church on the MS coast.  My church was in the process of offering our building & with our members volunteering to host  parenting classes to parents whose children are in foster care to be reunited before the pandemic hit.

amanda@cafo.org
        CAFO Staff

Nancy, I am very excited for Mississippi, it seems like you are poised and ready to start helping the many helpers get together and do big things! You have already done a great job of identifying a lot of key players in the community!

Andrew Dodd
      Participante

Yes, I believe there is more than enough foster, kinship, adoptive families and help for biological families in Ottawa County. I see the way that our church is already being the church to a community in need and the number of foster and adoptive families in the church. I am searching for more ways to support and encourage them both to retain them and in turn identify and recruit more that would excel in providing more than enough in our county.

Heidi White
      Participante

I do believe that it is possible. I believe it also reflects the heart and nature of God. He is a God of abundance. I think it is a matter of many do not know the need, or how they fit, or have the support. All of those obstacles  are movable. As each person does there part- I believe that there can definitely be more than enough.

amanda@cafo.org
        CAFO Staff

I agree Heidi, and while I have no problem writing it down and declaring it I do have to admit sometimes my day to day actions, worries, decisions are colored with the fear that there will never be more than enough. God is a God of abundance and I pray for Him to teach me and remind me of His character often!

Janet Hartery
      Participante

Resistence is often a lack of clarity. Who wants to admit they are struggling with a child’s behavio? Parents are supposed to have all the answers and just put in boundries and the right discipline and you’ll be all set-I wish!!!

God has taught me that we are to go to him for guidance with our children.  God has shown me that by praying and listening to the Holy Spirit that the answers are there for us.  I have learned how to help my kids let go of trauma, false beliefs about God and what he thinks of them, strategic lies said over them by people in authority, demonic strongholds, generational curses and more.  It has changed my life and theirs and I want to support other families so they can have the same freedom and deliverance.

amanda@cafo.org
        CAFO Staff

I love this Janet, when I pause and consider God as a good father, it reveals a lot of His character that I don’t normally/naturally focus on.

I love that your response also focus’ on healing and health and happiness in children and families, which is the heart of so much of this!

Mostrando 8 respuestas a los debates
  • Debes estar registrado para responder a este debate.